I currently work as a Digital Marketing Manager for one of the largest automotive retail businesses in the UK. As well as that I also work with businesses on a freelance consultancy basis to help improve their search presence.
I’m Glasgow based but I have worked with local, national and international businesses.
Here are a few examples of how I’ve helped businesses using SEO:
- Helped a large online fitness retailer rank for a huge volume of extremely competitive search queries that directly generated sales
- Gained number a large number of first page rankings for several local restaurants which helped them generate a large volume of bookings
- Advised a Glasgow based finance company on their content strategy which led to a number of TV appearances on BBC and Sky
- Helped an eCommerce start-up dominate a niche market due to a successful SEO and PPC strategy
- Advised on a strategy for a local website design company that helped them achieve page 1 rankings for a number of competitive search terms and helped them generate a large volume of new business
- Generated more search engine growth in the automotive industry than any other car retailer during a two-year period
- Replaced expensive SEO agency contracts with in-house personnel and drastically improved performance while also reducing spend for a large PLC
Generated more search engine growth in the automotive industry than any other car retailer during a two-year period
Here are a few examples of the type of search engine strategy projects I am most suited to:
- E-Commerce businesses that need a review of their Search Engine Optimisation or PPC strategy. I’ve been able to help business in the past to refine their online marketing campaign to improve growth while also reducing advertising spend
- A local business such as a dentist, restaurant, lawyers or vet that wish to extend their reach and increase their local customer base. I’ve been successful in helping local companies increase their customer base and improve customer retention rates
- E-commerce businesses that feel that they are not capturing enough of the market and need advice
- Technical audits and SEO strategy advice for large websites
- Businesses such as pharmacies, dentists and vets that have a niche product offering and would like to market their business online
Things to consider before choosing an SEO agency or consultant
- Search Engine Optimisation is a complex process and nobody can guarantee page 1 rankings
- There is an element of risk involved. For example, if link building techniques are used that causes your website to fall foul of Google’s Penguin algorithm there is chance that your rankings could suffer for a long period of time
- There are plenty of business out there who will offer cheap solutions but it is worth remembering you often get what you pay for
- Choosing the right agency or consultant will minimise any risk involved
- SEO can be expensive, and even if you do rank better, there is no guarantee that visitors to your site will become paying customers
- There are often quick wins to be had when it comes to search engine marketing and I would advise investing in carrying out a test campaign using PPC marketing before committing to a lengthy contract
I currently work as the Digital Marketing Manager for the second largest automotive retailer in the UK. I am responsible for their entire search strategy and have achieved remarkable results. I am active withwithin SEO community and have written for websites such as The Guardian and State of Digital.
For more information relating to my skills and experience feel free to contact me today.