My Experience in Automotive
For almost 3 years I was responsible for the digital strategy and day to day running of the group digital marketing department at Lookers. After recruiting and managing an excellent digital marketing team that produced truly remarkable results I felt it was time to move on and I no longer work in this role.
Since joining Lookers (FTSE 250) I have helped recruit an excellent team of digital marketing specialists who focus on areas such as SEO, PPC, social media marketing, data analysis and content strategy.
Here are a few projects that I’ve been involved in since working at Lookers:
- Saved over £300k per year by streamlining SEO strategy which also resulted in improved results
- Successfully recruited a team of digital marketing professionals
- Helped deliver a number of brand new automotive websites
- Helped integrate a number of acquired businesses into the Lookers ecosystem
- Helped our agricultural division design and develop a new website while also moving to an open source platform
- Worked with a number of businesses owned by Lookers PLC to advise on digital marketing strategy
- Communicate the effectiveness of our digital campaigns throughout the business
- Regular meetings with senior personnel within the business including operations board members
Lookers was an absolutely brilliant customer-centric business to work for, and due to the support that I received after joining, the digital marketing team has been able to deliver outstanding results for the business.
Since leaving Lookers I have been consulting with a few automotive businesses and agencies that want to break into the automotive market.
The Problem With Automotive Digital Marketing Today
At the moment there are a handful of agencies in the UK that provide car dealerships with websites and digital marketing services. The problem with this is that it makes it very difficult for car retail businesses to differentiate themselves from their competitors. Your website will look the same, your digital marketing strategy will be very similar and it also means that if you implement a change on your website that results in an increased number of leads, there is a risk that the agency you work with will share that with your competitors.
It is important to remember that there are alternatives and very often it will help to appoint talent in who has experience across other retailer sectors.
Looking for automotive SEO or PPC?
Although I have experience across many digital channels, my main area of expertise is in search engine marketing.
During my time at Lookers, I was able to massively reduce costs for both SEO & PPC while also improving results. If you are looking for a digital marketing consultant that truly understands the automotive landscape, then feel free to get in touch.
I know exactly what it takes to drive more high-quality leads to your car dealership and I’m available for on-going support or one-off consultancy.