1) Buying Followers – This is a complete waste of money. Although it can make you appear to have social proof, buying followers can actually have a negative effect on your edgerank which could lead to real fans not seeing your message.
2) Competitions – A well targeted competition can work well and help you build followers, but it is important to remember not to do a competition that will bring followers who will not interact with you.
3) Useless Posting – Posting content that is disinteresting will lower your edgerank which will make it less likely that people will see your posts in the future. If you have something to say that won’t create user interaction, it might be best not to say it.
4) Replying Too Soon – It is best to let a users post on a piece on content before you reply. Tests have shown this encourages more people to interact.
5) Content Lifespan – If a piece of content is getting good engagement levels it is be a good idea to allow that content to fatigue before posting new content. Too many people are eager to keep posting new content.
6) Personal Touch – Sometimes people forget that you should treat social media platforms like a normal interaction. Using first names of individuals that are posting on your facebook page will help build rapport and increase engagement.
7) Facebook Ads – Don’t be afraid to spend a bit of money on Facebook Ads. A highly targeted fan marketing campaign can be cost effective and save you a lot of time.